Tuesday, May 8, 2007

This Week . . .


Things are moving along here. I finally have a job that I can tell. I didn't want to jinx myself by telling everybody. I tend to do that! I'm working at an English School and at a hotel as concierge. I'm really excited about both of them. I taught my first class this morning. It's at a business called Tuny. They catch fish and can it, I think. I have 6 students and they all speak English, I just help them continue their pronunciation and grammar. I'm learning a lot of grammar that I didn't already know. It's kind of interesting. This morning we had a lesson on opinions and how to defend your opinion. We had a pretty good debate about a few different topics. It was great! I was very impressed with their ability to speak English. Tonight I am teaching another class and looking forward to it! As for the hotel, I went in to meet the owners on Saturday. I had already spoken with the owner's daughter and she didn't think I could do the concierge job because of my lack of Spanish. I completely understood, but she really wanted to find another job for me at the hotel. When I met her parents on Saturday, they really wanted me to work there in some capacity, they really wanted me for concierge, but also felt that Spanish was needed. I met with the Manager/Other Owner of the Hotel who is Mexican, and he wanted me for concierge. He felt that they had enough Spanish to cover me. I just have to practice a lot. So, I went in last night and he told me that I was to start Monday. I'm really excited about it. Of course it's hardly any money, but at least it's full time and something coming in. So, my schedule is as follows, or what I want it to be,
7-9 English Teacing
9:30 - 5:30 Concierge
6-9 English Teaching
Yes I wll be VERY busy, but I love to be busy and if I love both jobs, I should be very happy!!! We really need to work on getting Ben a job. It's killing him and in turn killing me!! Aiden is doing well!! He is loving it here and getting SO much attention. In all honesty, it makes me crazy because he wants me to hold him every second of every day. Not okay with me!! But he is so dang cute!!! That's just about all that is going on. Today we may go to the beach or to see Spider Man 3. I don't know. I teach again tonight. Have a great day!!!

1 comment:

The Fife's said...

always good to be busy.